From the tradition of traveling to the creation of a recognizable contemporary style in footwear, fashion and objects.
Gucci dates back to 1921, when Guccio Gucci set up a small leather workshop in his native Florence. An important amount of space was and still is reserved for products linked to the equestrian world, and the icon of the bit has become a recurring symbol in the company's production. In the 1950s, also taken from the world of horses was the company's green-red-green ribbon, reminiscent of the traditional girth on a saddle. As Gucci's popularity grew so did the company. When Guccio died in 1953 his sons Aldo, Vasco, Ugo and Rodolfo took over the company. In 1982 Gucci became a joint-stock company run by Rodolfo's son Maurizio. Since 1987 until the early twentieth century, Investcorp, an investment company located in Bahrein, has progressively acquired the brand. Lastly, with Domenico De Sole, CEO since 1995, the company sold its shares on the stock market. The company's stylistic and productive innovation, without overlooking tradition, was accelerated when Frida Giannini was appointed creative director in 2006. Over the past three years, the team guided by Chairman Patrizio di Marco has breathed new life into the values belonging to the company's heritage: the absolute quality of the raw materials and the finished products, as well as respect and praise for the manual skills and savoir faire of its artisans.